Gum Recontouring – Plymouth, MA
Create the Perfect Frame for Your Teeth
You might not think much about the way your gums look. As long as they are healthy, you have no reason to worry too much about them… that is, unless you have what is commonly referred to as a “gummy smile.” Countless individuals have excess or uneven gum tissue, which can make their smile appear disproportionate. If you fall into that category, visit our office to find out whether gum recontouring is right for you. This minimally invasive cosmetic surgery might be just what you need in order to find new confidence in your smile.
Why Choose Aveni Dental for Gum Recontouring
- 1Experienced cosmetic dentist
- 2Precise treatment and reliable results
- 3Friendly, empathetic dental team
What Is Gum Recontouring?
Gum recontouring is a procedure wherein Dr. Aveni trims away excess or uneven gum tissue in order to expose more tooth enamel and produce a more appealing appearance for a patient’s smile. It is typically meant for patients who have more than a couple millimeters of their upper gums show when they smile.
Gum recontouring is often used as a standalone cosmetic treatment. However, it has other uses as well. For example, if you want porcelain veneers, and the current shape or size of your gum tissue would make it impossible to apply the veneers, you may need to undergo gum recontouring (which is sometimes referred to as crown lengthening) prior to your veneers procedure.
How Does Gum Recontouring Work?
First, Dr. Aveni will talk to you about your goals for treatment. He will also evaluate your oral health and create a customized treatment plan. During your gum recontouring procedure, anesthesia and Dr. Aveni’s gentle touch will make sure you are as comfortable possible. It usually only takes one appointment to finish the surgery. After Dr. Aveni completes the procedure, you should stick to a diet of cool, soft foods until your gums are healed. The average recovery time is less than a few weeks.
Benefits of Gum Recontouring
The most notable benefits of gum recontouring include:
- The results are permanent. You will not have to worry about your gum tissue regrowing to once again interfere with your smile’s aesthetics.
- It makes a big difference. Your gums should be a subtle framework for your teeth, not the center of attention. You might be surprised by how much of a positive impact gum recontouring can have on your facial aesthetics.
- The results are natural-looking. Although this procedure can make a big difference in the way you look, it will not make it obvious that you have had some cosmetic work done on your smile.
How Much Does Gum Recontouring Cost?
Our team will give you a candid estimate for the price of your procedure. Its cost will depend on the extent of the work that needs to be done. Most dental insurance companies do not cover gum recontouring if it is solely for cosmetic purposes. However, you may be eligible for low-interest financing to help you break up the cost of your treatment into smaller monthly installments.