Porcelain Veneers – Plymouth, MA
Hide Your Smile’s Imperfections
It is difficult to overstate the power of an attractive smile. It can make you appear younger, more confident, and more approachable. But what if your teeth have significant flaws that cause you to hold back from smiling? Dr. Aveni and our team may be able to help via our cosmetic dentistry services. Porcelain veneers, in particular, are effective at disguising a broad range of aesthetic imperfections. In as few as two appointments, we may be able to totally transform the way your teeth look.
Why Choose Aveni Dental Professionals for Porcelain Veneers?
- 1Dentist with over 40 years of experience
- 2Aveni’s advanced training
- 3Treatment tailored to your specifications
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin pieces of porcelain. Dr. Aveni can attach them to the fronts of your teeth in order to disguise cosmetic flaws, including discoloration, cracks, chips, small gaps, and minor misalignment. The veneers are custom-made for each patient. Yours will be designed with the color, shape, and size that fits with your personal preferences and natural facial aesthetics.
Some patients receive just a few veneers to cover their most unattractive teeth, whereas others opt for a full set of 4 – 8 veneers to bring about a total smile transformation. Although veneers typically just go on the top teeth, they can be applied to the bottom teeth as well.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Some of the most significant benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Natural-looking. Porcelain bears a strong resemblance to natural tooth enamel. Your veneers will be shade-matched to blend in with the surrounding dentition.
- Veneers are able to stand up to all the rigors of everyday eating and drinking. You can reasonably expect them to last for 10 years or longer if you care well for them.
- Easy maintenance. Caring for veneers is similar to caring for natural teeth. Excellent oral hygiene, along with a few simple precautions to protect the veneers from trauma, should enable them to stand the test of time.
- Stain-resistant. Porcelain is nonporous, which means that pigments from food and drinks cannot seep into it and discolor it.
The Veneer Process
The process of placing porcelain veneers usually takes just two appointments. At the first appointment, your cosmetic dentist will prepare the teeth by removing a sliver of enamel from them. This step is necessary to ensure that the veneers do not make your smile look bulky or disproportionate. After your teeth are ready, we will take some images and impressions of them. We send all of that data, along with detailed notes about the desired design of your veneers, to a dental laboratory. While the technicians at the lab work on creating your custom, permanent veneers, you will wear temporary ones.
When your veneers arrive in our office, you will return for your second appointment. After we verify that the veneers are the right fit, we will attach them to your teeth.
Would you like to learn more about porcelain veneers and how they may be able to benefit you? Contact Aveni Dental Professionals today.