Metal-Free Dental Restorations – Plymouth, MA
Repair Your Teeth Without Sacrificing Your Smile
Traditional dental restorations are made out of metal. While metal is quite strong, it does have some significant drawbacks — including that it does not blend in well with the natural color of tooth enamel. At Aveni Dental Professionals, we proudly offer metal-free dental restorations in Plymouth. They can effectively repair damaged teeth without having a huge impact on your smile’s aesthetics. On this page, you can learn more about these remarkable restorations.
Why Choose Aveni Dental for Metal-Free Restorations?
- 1Experienced dentist with advanced training
- 2Realistic-looking results
- 3Compassionate treatment from a caring team
What Are Metal-Free Dental Restorations?
Metal-free dental restorations are what their name implies. They are crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and fillings that contain no metal. They are usually made out of porcelain or a tooth-colored composite resin. Such materials can be shade-matched to blend in well with a patient’s surrounding dentition. Once the restoration is in place, onlookers should be unable to tell that any dental work was done.
Why Might I Need a Metal-Free Dental Restoration?
Some reasons why we may recommend a metal-free dental restoration include:
- You have a cavity that requires a filling, inlay, or onlay
- You have old metal restorations on your front teeth that you would like to replace with something more aesthetically pleasing
- A tooth recently underwent a root canal, and you need a crown to protect it from further harm
- You have a misshapen or otherwise unattractive tooth that you would like to disguise with a porcelain crown
- You have metal sensitivities and thus could not tolerate a metal dental restoration
Benefits of Metal-Free Dental Restorations
The most obvious advantage of metal-free restorations is that they look very natural. Additional benefits include:
- With proper care, your metal-free restoration can retain its function and appearance for years. Porcelain restorations are even highly stain-resistant, which means you can expect them to look as good as new for a long time.
- Dental insurance usually covers a significant portion of the cost of metal-free dental restorations.
- Better for teeth. Metal fillings expand and contract in response to temperature changes, which can damage the teeth. Metal-free fillings do not have this problem.
- Precision treatment. Aveni and our team will take care to ensure that your restoration will complement the structure of your teeth and not cause any adverse effects for your bite.
- Fast treatment. Metal-free fillings can be placed in a single appointment. Porcelain restorations typically take at least two appointments, but the overall treatment time is fairly quick.
Cost of Metal-Free Dental Restorations
The cost of your restoration will depend on several factors. For example, a three-unit bridge will cost more than a crown, and crowns tend to cost more than simple fillings. During your appointment, we will provide you with a candid estimate for the cost of your treatment. We will also help you figure out how dental insurance and/or financing can help you fit your restoration into your budget.
Do you believe you could benefit from a metal-free dental restoration? Contact Aveni Dental Professionals today to schedule a consultation.